There are four primary requirements in taking ISI recreational ice skater tests:
- Tests must be taken and passed in order of difficulty.
- Tests must be administered at a current ISI/ISIAsia Administrative Member.
- Tests must be graded by a current ISI/ISIAsia Professional Member.
- Tests must be taken by a current ISI/ISIAsia Individual or Professional Member.
Test Registration Fee
- USD9 / HKD70 for each Pre- Alpha – Delta and Freestyle test
- USD6 / HKD50 for each Tot, Dance, Pair, Couple, Hockey & Figure test
A certificate to show the achievement of the relevant level will be issued to qualified Individual Members once the supporting test forms have been received and registered by our admin member. A pin will be attached with the certificate for Pre-Alpha to Delta and Freestyle 1 – 10.
- Deposit by cash or cheque or Telegraphic Transfer (TT) to our bank account
- Via PayPal or Alipay(China) – please contact us to get the payment link
TEST REGISTRATION PROCEDURE
- ISIAsia registered coach conduct test with skater and graded the performance according to the ISI Test Standards.
- Send clear copy of all the test forms to ISIAsia by email firstname.lastname@example.org
- We will send out invoice within 7 working days after receiving application forms.
- Send us the bank receipt and provide postal address after payment is made.
IMPORTANT NOTE: Please be reminded that UNIDENTIFIED PAYMENT will not be processed and will result in delay of application.
HIGH LEVEL TEST REQUIREMENT
The skater’s instructor may not serve as the examiner for his/her students.
LEVEL 5 – LEVEL 6 & OPEN FREESTYLE (BRONZE TO GOLD) TEST
Level 5, Level 6 (except Pair 6) and Open Freestyle Bronze Tests must be judged by ONE examiner, who has either passed the same or above level or is a Silver Judge Test certified. Gold Judge Test certified examiner is necessary for Open Freestyle Gold Test.
LEVEL 7 – LEVEL 9 & PAIR 6 TEST
Pair 6, Level 7 to Level 9 tests must be judged by THREE examiners who have either passed the same or above Level or are Gold Judge Test certified.
OPEN FREESTYLE (PLATINUM) TEST (effective from 1 January 2019)
Skaters who would like to take the Open Freestyle (Platinum) Test should send an unedited video to the ISIAsia Office for our high level test panel to judge the test. However, subject to prior approval from the ISIAsia Office, we may be able to arrange live test (providing three High Level Judges are available) during the Championship Series Event.
If the coach is unable to arrange for qualified examiners to judge, a video test must be sent to the ISIAsia office for judging.
If an ISIAsia Ice RInk has its own judges who meet the above required qualifications for Freestyle 5 to Freestyle 7 or Open Freestyle Bronze to Gold tests, they can be the judge/s for those levels as long as they are not the skater’s own coach and not necessary to submit video to ISIAsia Office for judging.
Coaches who do not fulfill the above required criteria, but have had students previously pass the relevant levels, should contact the ISIAsia Office to check his/her eligibility to judge Level 5-7 tests.
LEVEL 10 TEST
All ISI Leve 10 tests will be conducted live only in the Skate Asia Competitions and ISI World Competitions.
HIGH LEVEL TEST JUDGING FEE
- USD20 / HKD160 for Level 5 and Level 6 (except Pair 6) and Open Freestyle Bronze to Gold – Video Test only
- USD55 / HKD440 for Level 7 to Level 9 & Pair 6 & Open Freestyle Platinum
- Please contact ISIAsia Office for details of Level 10 Test – Live Test only
Note: Level 7 or above Live Test must be recorded as video and send to ISIAsia Office.
High Level Test Judging Fee is non-refundable. For Couples, Pair & Dance, application fee USD110 / HKD880 in total if both skaters are testing. This fee does not include any additional ice fee that might also be due before testing.
VIDEO TEST GUIDELINES
If it is unable to arrange for qualified examiners to judge, a video test must be sent to the ISIAsia office for judging. You may upload the video file to cloud storage for us to download or send us a YouTube link. When a YouTube link is provided, this link must be marked private(unlist) so that only those given the link can access the video.
The following guidelines must be followed for all High Level Test videos:
- The video must be unedited and use a single camera. Each part of the recording must be in continuous take and cannot be broken into several recordings.
- Skaters should present themselves in proper skating attire and with neat hair appearance.
- Skaters should introduce themselves on camera with their name, home rink and the test level they are submitting.
- The video must be filmed on clear ice (with no other skaters) and be unedited from a single camera.
- A short rest is allowed in between the compulsory portion and the skating of the program; however filming must be continued during that time period.
- Freestyle Test
– The video must show each required compulsory maneuver attempted two times (performed in the same order as listed in the current ISI Handbook) and then followed by the non-stop program.
– The required dance step turns for that test level must be performed two times in isolation (alone) before completing the entire dance step sequence two times for the compulsory portion of the test.
- Before sending the video to ISIAsia, watch and review the video to make sure all the requirements are met. Also check specific maneuvers so everything can be clearly seen – like the angle of both legs in the Split Lutz jump, etc.
- If you are trying to meet a competition entry deadline, please allow at least 30 days to receive test results.
- If a skater does not pass, he/she can have not more than two additional attempts before he/she will need to resubmit the High Level Test Request application and fee for any subsequent video submissions of his/her test. Video must be sent within three months upon receipt of the test result of the first attempt. Skaters have to resubmit the application for High Level Test Request if the test is not passed within the specified period.
- All the videos submitted become property of ISIAsia.
- Make sure skater and coach have valid membership before submitting the video
- Fill in the High Level Test Application Form and submit to ISIAsia Office by email email@example.com
- Settle payment and send the bank receipt to ISIAsia Office
- Submit the video by download link / YouTube link to ISIAsia Office
- Test results are normally available within 2-3 weeks. Skater has to pay for test registration fee if test is passed.
- Make sure skater and coach have valid membership before taking the test
- Fill in the High Level Test Application Form and submit to the ISIAsia Office by email firstname.lastname@example.org TWO WEEKS IN ADVANCE of proposed test date. Please provide the proposed testing venue, date and time for us to arrange Judge Panel.
- Settle payment and send the bank receipt to ISIAsia Office before taking the test
- Video must be recorded during the test and submitted to ISIAsia Office for record. Guideline please refer to Video Test Guidelines.
- Send the test forms to ISIAsia Office after the test. Skater may also transfer test registration fee to us for process if the test is passed.
The result will not be finalized until approval of the Chair of Technical – High Level Testing Committee is obtained.